SETAC North America Session Chair Guidance
The role of session chairs and co-chairs at SETAC North America meetings is important for the success of the sessions.
Prior to and during the session:
- Arrive at the session room 30 minutes prior to the start of the session
- Ensure all presentations are loaded and speakers are present. Introduce yourself to the speakers and check name pronunciation and affiliations
- Meet your AV technician to review equipment. Familiarize yourself with location of light switches, switches at podium and check operation of laser pointers.
- Advice the audience on and enforce the SETAC Photography and Recording Policy and the SETAC the Code of Conduct.
- Start and keep the session on time. It is important that you keep your speakers on schedule for the meeting to run smoothly.
- Field questions for the speaker, and limit questions or comments that are very long or monopolize the speaker’s time. Intervene if questions become unprofessional.
- Ask and encourage questions after each platform talk if there are none from the audience. Try to start a discussion if there is a canceled or “no-show” presentation.